Federal Register: December 29, 2004 (Volume 69, Number 249)
DOCID: FR Doc 04-28453
NUCLEAR REGULATORY COMMISSION
Nuclear Regulatory Commission
DOCUMENT ACTION: Notice of pending NRC action to submit an information collection request to OMB and solicitation of public comment.
Agency Information Collection Activities: Proposed Collection; Comment Request
The NRC is preparing a submittal to OMB for review of continued approval of information collections under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35).
Information pertaining to the requirement to be submitted:
1. The title of the information collection: 10 CFR Part 73 Physical Protection of Plants and Materials.
2. Current OMB Approval Number: 31500002.
3. How often the collection is required: On occasion. Required reports are submitted and evaluated as events occur.
4. Who is required or asked to report: Persons who possess, use,
import, export, transport, or deliver to a carrier for transport, special nuclear material.
5. The number of annual respondents: 384.
6. The number of hours needed annually to complete the requirement or request: 523,106 hours annually (50,207 hours for reporting (0.64 hours per response) and 472,899 hours for recordkeeping (1,041 hours per recordkeeper)).
7. Abstract: NRC regulations in 10 CFR Part 73 prescribe requirements for establishment and maintenance of a physical protection system with capabilities for protection of special nuclear material at fixed sites and in transit and of plants in which special nuclear material is used. The information in the reports and records is used by the NRC staff to ensure that the health and safety of the public is protected and that licensee possession and use of special nuclear material is in compliance with license and regulatory requirements.
Submit, by February 28, 2005, comments that address the following questions:
1. Is the proposed collection of information necessary for the NRC
to properly perform its functions? Does the information have practical utility?
2. Is the burden estimate accurate?
3. Is there a way to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected?
4. How can the burden of the information collection be minimized, including the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology?
A copy of the draft supporting statement may be viewed free of charge at the NRC Public Document Room, One
White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Room O1 F21, Rockville, MD 20852. OMB clearance requests are available at the NRC worldwide Web site: http://www.nrc.gov/publicinvolve/doccomment/omb/index.html. The document will be available on the NRC home page site for 60 days after the signature date of this notice.
Comments and questions about the information collection requirements may be directed to the NRC Clearance Officer, Brenda Jo. Shelton (T5F52), U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 205550001, by telephone at 3014157233, or by Internet electronic mail to INFOCOLLECTS@NRC.GOV.
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 22nd day of December, 2004.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Brenda Jo. Shelton,
NRC Clearance Officer, Office of the Chief Information Officer. [FR Doc. 0428453 Filed 122804; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 759001P
Agency information collection activities; proposals, submissions, and approvals,