Federal Register: January 14, 2008 (Volume 73, Number 9)
DOCID: fr14ja08-97 FR Doc E8-417
NUCLEAR REGULATORY COMMISSION
Nuclear Regulatory Commission
DOCUMENT ACTION: Notice of pending NRC action to submit an information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) and solicitation of public comment.
Agency Information Collection Activities: Proposed Collection; Comment Request
The NRC is preparing a submittal to OMB for review of continued approval of information collections under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35).
Information pertaining to the requirement to be submitted:
1. The title of the information collection: NRC Form 64, ``Travel
Voucher'' (Part 1); NRC Form 64A, ``Travel Voucher'' (Part 2); and NRC Form 64B, ``Optional Travel Voucher'' (Part 2).
2. Current OMB approval number: 31500192.
3. How often the collection is required: On occasion.
4. Who is required or asked to report: Contractors, consultants and
invited NRC travelers who travel in the course of conducting business for the NRC.
5. The number of annual respondents: 100.
6. The number of hours needed annually to complete the requirement or request: 100 hours (1 hour per form).
7. Abstract: Consultants, contractors, and those invited by the NRC to travel (e.g., prospective employees) must file travel vouchers and trip reports in order to be reimbursed for their travel expenses. The information collected includes the name, address, social security number, and the amount to be reimbursed. Travel expenses that are reimbursed are confined to those expenses essential to the transaction of official business for an approved trip.
Submit, by March 14, 2008 comments that address the following questions:
1. Is the proposed collection of information necessary for the NRC
to properly perform its functions? Does the information have practical utility?
2. Is the burden estimate accurate?
3. Is there a way to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected?
4. How can the burden of the information collection be minimized, including the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology?
A copy of the draft supporting statement may be viewed free of
charge at the NRC Public Document Room, One White Flint North, 11555
Rockville Pike, Room O1 F21, Rockville, MD 20852. OMB clearance
requests are available at the NRC worldwide Web site: http://www.nrc.gov/publicinvolve/doccomment/omb/index.html. The document
will be available on the NRC home page site for 60 days after the signature date of this notice.
Comments and questions about the information collection
requirements may be directed to the NRC Clearance Officer, Margaret A.
Janney (T5 F52), U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC
205550001, by telephone at 3014157245, or by email to
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 8th day of January 2008.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Acting NRC Clearance Officer, Office of Information Services. [FR Doc. E8417 Filed 11108; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 759001P
Agency Information Collection Activities; Proposals, Submissions, and Approvals,