Federal Register: December 30, 2010 (Volume 75, Number 250)
DOCID: fr30de10-91 FR Doc 2010-32920
NUCLEAR REGULATORY COMMISSION
Nuclear Regulatory Commission
Docket ID: [Docket No. NRC-2010-0347]
DOCUMENT ACTION: Notice of pending NRC action to submit an information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) and solicitation of public comment.
Agency Information Collection Activities: Proposed Collection; Comment Request
The NRC invites public comment about our intention to request the OMB's approval for renewal of an existing information collection that is summarized below. We are required to publish this notice in the Federal Register under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. chapter 35).
Information pertaining to the requirement to be submitted:
1. The title of the information collection: ``DOE/NRC Form 742,
Material Balance Report and NUREG/BR0007, Instructions for the Preparation and Distribution of Material Status Report.''
2. Current OMB approval number: 31500004.
3. How often the collection is required: DOE/NRC Form 742 is submitted annually following a physical inventory of nuclear materials.
4. Who is required or asked to report: Persons licensed to possess specified quantities of special nuclear or source material.
5. The number of annual respondents: For DOE/NRC Form 742, there are approximately 360 respondents annually.
6. The number of hours needed annually to complete the requirement or request: 1,260.
7. Abstract: Each licensee authorized to possess special nuclear material totaling more than one gram of contained uranium235, uranium 233, or plutonium, or any combination thereof, are required to submit DOE/NRC Forms 742 and 742C. In addition, any licensee authorized to possess 1,000 kilograms of source material is required to submit DOE/ NRC Form 742. The NRC uses this information to fulfill its responsibilities as a participant in US/IAEA Safeguards Agreement and various bilateral agreements with other countries, and to satisfy its domestic safeguards responsibilities.
Submit, by February 28, 2011 comments that address the following questions:
1. Is the proposed collection of information necessary for the NRC
to properly perform its functions? Does the information have practical utility?
2. Is the burden estimate accurate?
3. Is there a way to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected?
4. How can the burden of the information collection be minimized, [[Page 82414]]
including the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology?
A copy of the draft supporting statement may be viewed free of charge at the NRC Public Document Room, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Room O1 F21, Rockville, MD 20852. OMB clearance requests are available at the NRC worldwide Web site: http:// www.nrc.gov/publicinvolve/doccomment/omb/index.html. The document will be available on the NRC home page site for 60 days after the signature date of this notice. Comments submitted in writing or in electronic form will be made available for public inspection. Because your comments will not be edited to remove any identifying or contact information, the NRC cautions you against including any information in your submission that you do not want to be publicly disclosed. Comments submitted should reference Docket No. NRC20100347. You may submit your comments by any of the following methods. Electronic comments: Go to http://www.regulations.gov and search for Docket No. NRC20100347. Mail comments to NRC Clearance Officer, Tremaine Donnell (T5 F53), U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 205550001. Questions about the information collection requirements may be directed to the NRC Clearance Officer, Tremaine Donnell (T5 F53), U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 205550001, by telephone at 301 4156258, or by email to INFOCOLLECTS.Resource@NRC.GOV.
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 2nd day of December, 2010.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Acting NRC Clearance Officer, Office of Information Services. [FR Doc. 201032920 Filed 122910; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 759001P
Agency Information Collection Activities; Proposals, Submissions, and Approvals